Tuesday 24 March 2009

The green, green grass of home.

Just when you thought it was all over, I'm here again!

A brief spell of spring sunshine meant that the first bout of turf-laying could begin. Days of cloudless blue skies meant that some poor idiot had to get out with the hosepipe every day. (The water pressure in the village is rubbish and won't operate a sprinkler although Yorkshire Water assure us it's high. Mmm.)

Fortunately we are now experiencing a spell of rain and showers. Spring is so much later here than anywhere else. The daffodils are only just out and the only the hawthorn seems to be trying to produce leaves. The garden is going to take several years to resemble anything other than a wasteland.

Remember the Northern Rock? It looks like it will finally be put in place this Friday. I'm not holding my breath.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jane Smith said...

Sally, I am so envious of you and your lovely home. It looks so very clean and finished compared to my great big wreck of a house.

Now go and water your turf or it'll shrivel up and die.

Sally Zigmond said...

I think I'll water (well, gin)myself first; for the same reasons